Technoserve has launched a project funded by Goldman Sachs to identify and promote rural women entrepreneurs. The objective of the project is to impact the lives of about 500 women by identifying and promoting existing and new women led agro-based enterprises. The project is being implemented in the districts of Muzaffarpur and Purnea in Bihar with the aim of creating and improving access to finance (A2F) for rural women led small and growing businesses primarily agro-enterprises and/or allied sectors.
Under the overall guidance of the Associate Practice Lead, the incumbent will perform the following responsibilities:
- Take lead in the implementation of agro-based enterprise promotion for women
- Take lead role in identification and selection of women entrepreneurs and most potential agrobased value chains for promotion in consultation with stakeholders including private sector actors.
- Ensure and establish close coordination in all the project activities starting from scouting of entrepreneurs, generating business viability reports, mentoring and coaching of identified entrepreneurs and financial closure with Banking Institutions.
- Draw up execution plans by assessing financial/business viability of promising business plans of entrepreneurs and link them to financial/ technical service providers
- Process documentation, collection and compilation of all required information from the entrepreneurs and stakeholders
- Develop and deliver progress reports in adherence to the timelines with the stakeholders along with proposals and presentations
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and delivery milestones using appropriate project management tools
- Allocate 70% time in field locations for project implementation
- Qualified and interested applicants should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of cover letter, resume (in MS Word format) and salary history to email@example.com.
- Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted.