CRT^ is an Aurangabad-based organization that combines research as well as capacity building and partners with clients to implement appropriate solutions to civic and environmental challenges. Over the past three years CRT^ has focused and gained expertise in the field of Solid Waste Management and has worked with government bodies such as City Industrial Development Corporation, Aurangabad Cantonment Board, Aurangabad Municipal Corporation, Umarkhed Municipal Council, Dindori Municipal Council etc. CRT^’s focus has been on planning and implementation of effective solid waste management systems in their jurisdiction. This includes creating detailed project reports (DPR), micro-plans and policy recommendations for city-level solid waste management, conducting capacity building workshops for the sanitation department and field staff, handholding, monitoring and evaluation of field implementation of plans, designing and executing city-wide awareness campaigns, researching treatment options, networking with technology providers, bioremediation of old dumpsites etc. Revenues are generated through consultancy fees as well as CSR funding. Corporates such as Bajaj Auto, Endress+Hauser Automation, CanPack Industries, Grind Master Machines Pvt. Ltd., and Wockhardt Foundation have been our CSR funders.
CRT^ has grown from a two person endeavor to include a board of imminent personalities of Aurangabad and a team of 25 persons. The turnover has grown from Rs. 10,00,000 in the first year to over 1,00,00,000 in the second. The market scope is immense and we expect a multi fold growth year on year.
Summary of Role:
In keeping with its vision of addressing civic and environmental challenges CRT^ is set to expand it’s work in Solid Waste Management not just geographically but also into specialized services such as biomass management, recycling, skill training, Extended Producers Responsibility, etc. We are therefore looking to hire a program manager to take the organization forward in this sector. This includes overseeing all aspects of operations, including partnerships, finance, fundraising, administration and human resources. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong strategy and operational experience, communication, interpersonal and implementation skills. The manager must enjoy a start-up environment, should be able to work independently and flexibly. The manager will report directly to the founding directors.
- Work with founding directors to refine organizational strategy and translate it into operational plans to achieve organizational and project goals.
2. Generate new revenue streams for the organization through allied services such as Extended Producer Responsibility services, biomass waste management servicers etc. Expand the organization’s reach by capturing newer territories in Maharashtra state and beyond.
3. Develop annual budget for SWM division as well as project-specific budgets and administer expenditure within approved budget limits.
4. Develop and implement risk management and quality control strategies; ensure that accountability mechanisms are maintained (donor reports, audits, invoices, etc.). Design and oversee project impact assessment surveys.
5. Manage relationships with key stakeholders including, administrative and political heads of ULBs, current and potential donors/partners. Identify and develop new opportunities for partnerships with donors, businesses, volunteers and other stakeholders that will provide mutual benefits.
6. Develop and execute recruitment strategies and programs for each project.
7. Represent the organization at conferences and other relevant events.
8. Create and disseminate insightful research using data generated through research and field work and identify platforms for publication and presentation of research
Location: Based in Aurangabad City, Maharashtra. Project sites are presently spread across the state of Maharashtra
Remuneration: 6 – 12 lakh pa commensurate with experience and qualifications.
1. Minimum 3-5 years work experience
2. Experience in Solid Waste Management is preferable
3. Analytical thinking, budgeting skills and experience with developing business plans
4. Research and documentation skills
5. Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software programs
6. Good grasp on Hindi and English (fluency in Marathi/ Urdu is desirable)
7. Self-driven and passionate about problem solving and building systemic solutions.
8. Honesty, integrity and curiosity are essential
9. Willingness to travel to project sites.
10. Willingness to learn new skills and contribute to other sectors of the organization
11. Differently abled persons are encouraged to apply
To apply, please email CV at firstname.lastname@example.org