CRT^ is an Aurangabad-based organization that combines research and capacity building and partners with clients to implement appropriate solutions to civic and environmental challenges. Over the past three years CRT^ has focused and gained expertise in the field of Solid Waste Management and has worked with government bodies such as City Industrial Development Corporation, Aurangabad Cantonment Board, Aurangabad Municipal Corporation, Umarkhed Municipal Council, Dindori Municipal Council etc. CRT^’s focus has been on planning and implementation of effective solid waste management systems in their jurisdiction. In addition, CRT^ has recently initiated projects in the fields of education and afforestation. Revenues are generated through consultancy fees as well as CSR funding. Corporates such as Bajaj Auto, Endress+Hauser Automation, CanPack Industries, Grind Master Machines Pvt. Ltd., and Wockhardt Foundation have been our CSR funders.
CRT^ has grown from a two person endeavor to include a board of imminent personalities of Aurangabad and a team of 25 persons. The turnover has grown from Rs. 10,00,000 in the first year to over 1,00,00,000 in the second. The market scope is immense and we expect a multi fold growth year on year.
Summary of Role:
In keeping with its vision of addressing civic and environmental challenges driven by research and data, CRT^ is set to expand beyond Solid Waste Management into the fields of education, afforestation, public transport and road infrastructure etc. We are therefore looking to hire a program manager to conduct in-depth research into these sectors with the aim of developing an informed intervention strategy. This includes overseeing all aspects of research and development, including development of methodology, partnerships, finance, fundraising, administration and human resources. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong strategy experience, communication, interpersonal and research skills. The manager must enjoy a start-up environment, should be able to work independently and flexibly. The manager will report directly to the founding directors.
- Work with founding directors to refine organizational strategy and translate it into operational plans to achieve organizational and project goals.
2. Build Aurangabad’s first and strong CSR Advisory, with a focus on creating transformative social impact.
3. Expand the organizations reach by designing, creating and executing research projects in new civic and environmental sectors identified by the organization.
4. Work with clients and other stakeholders to translate research and action reports into field projects.
5. Streamline existing processes and institute new ones as required to increase effectiveness and constantly improve organizational performance in research
6. Develop annual budget for research and development as well as sector-specific and project-specific budgets and administer expenditure within approved budget limits
7. Build, lead and manage a team of researchers and cater to their capacity building and professional development requirements to ensure high quality performance
8. Develop and implement quality control strategies; ensure that accountability mechanisms are maintained
9. Manage relationships with key stakeholders including, administrative and political heads of ULBs, current and potential donors/partners. Respond to complaints and resolve concerns of partners, stakeholders and team members.
10. Represent the organization at conferences and other relevant events.
11. Create and disseminate insightful research and identify platforms for publication and presentation of the same.
Location: Based in Aurangabad City, Maharashtra. Project sites are presently spread across the state of Maharashtra
Remuneration: 6 – 12 lakh pa commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years experience related to business analytics and research
2. Analytical thinking, budgeting skills and expertise in research methodology
3. Good documentation skills
4. Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software programs
5. Good grasp on Hindi and English (fluency in Marathi/ Urdu is desirable)
6. Self-driven and passionate about problem solving and building systemic solutions.
7. Honesty, integrity and curiosity are essential
8. Willingness to travel to project sites.
9. Willingness to learn new skills and contribute to other sectors of the organization
10. Differently abled persons are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.