Welspun Foundation seeks a qualified individual to serve as Farm Project Manager – Organic & Better Cotton Initiative to provide coordination support and implement agreed activities as per the organic farming standards and BCI assurance programme. The role will support in the successful farm level implementation of sustainable farming model (Organic and BCI) for Welspun India Limited.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Develop annual implementation plans for Organic and BCI farm project implementation and ensure that the programme is fully implemented in a timely, comprehensive and compliant manner with full traceability and integrity.
- Contribute in preparation of annual budget, especially for the activities directly related to the farm level implementation and capacity building.
- Ensure that the farm project expenditures are within the allocated budget and financial resources are effectively used and associated reporting on the budget is timely done.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that all information and data as required for organic and BCI certification/ verification standards are collected in a timely manner, verified and analyzed in accordance with requirements within the approved standards (Organic and BCI).
- Provide support and coordinate annual capacity building plans (training/ demonstration/ introduction of improved technologies / etc.) and contribute to their effective implementation in the project area and assure timely conduct of it.
- Act as the main liaison person between Welspun and other stakeholders (Project Team/ Farmers/ Institutions/ External Consultants/ Ginners/etc.), and ensure a strong relationship, where expectations and support capabilities are well-matched.
- Work closely with various cotton research institutes, agricultural colleges/ Universities/ KVKs and other public sector organizations.
- Ensure all relevant reports (Organic and BCI) for internal as well as external agencies meet requirements on accuracy, timeliness and completeness. Ensure timely escalation of any perceived challenges related to farm project implementation (Organic and BCI).
- Support and encourage the farm project team to prepare and present the case studies to evaluate progress and impact of farm project implementation (Organic and BCI).
- Contribute in building a strong and cohesive Welspun sustainable farm extension team that represents the ethos and values of the organization, and to manage them effectively in the achievement of their objectives.
Profile: To be successful, candidates for the Farm Project Manager – Organic and BCI role will have the following attributes as mentioned below:-
- At least 5 years working experience, with at least 3 years in a relevant field.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience in managing farm projects in rural settings.
- Experience in sustainable cotton farming.
- Experience in managing farm information and data.
Skills and Knowledge:
- University degree in Agriculture, or equivalent higher education qualification, preferred an MBA from rural management institute.
- A high level of self-awareness, initiative, sound judgment, personal energy and flexibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a proactive approach to finding and proposing solutions to challenges.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Willingness to frequently travel in the farm project area, carry out administrative tasks with the ability to multitask.
- IT literacy, to include: Word, Power Point; Excel; SAP; ERP etc.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Vice President – Organic Farming.
Email your CV to: email@example.com